Sunday, September 13, 2009

Paulo escrevendo é assombroso

There is no other author that can capture my attention so much than Paulo Coelho. How i came to know Paulo? Well it goes like this. I was having a social drinking session with two of my close friends, Julia & Jang in Julia's home back in hmmm i think in 2007. As usual i rambled about life, philosophy, freedom, traveling the road less traveled etc etc. Then Julia said, "you should read Paulo's book, The Alchemist". I did and seriously it changed the way i see life, again, after Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

Wanting more, along the way, i bought some books by Paulo and found his writing is so similarly amazing like The Alchemist. His writing is based on themes made of reality. Check out the themes of some of his books that i have.

Veronika decides to die: Redemption
By the river piedra i sat down and wept: Forgiveness
The fifth mountain: Faith
The valkyries: Hope
Like the flowing river: The meaning to be truly alive
The witch of portobello: Can we dare to be true to ourselves?
Brida: Quest of knowledge
The pilgrimage: Humility
Warrior of the light: Courage
The devil and Ms. Prym: Temptation
Eleven minutes: Love

I don't have The Alchemist since i only borrowed it from Julia and it is about Wisdom. I'm still searching for other Paulo's books. Can't find it anywhere in KK, it's always the same books and sold out pretty quickly. Maybe in KL or outside of Malaysia i can find the rest. It is in my bucket list to read all Paulo's books. Hah! yes i will because dele escrevendo é assombroso...

4 comments:

Man-D said...

I own 2 of Paulo's books yg termasuk in ur collection... he he he... Lets see if I can get The Winner Stands Alone book in Manila... =)

Miss Mathew said...

Hey gurl! My 1st P.C book is Brida...I agree tht his books are the real deal :) try purchasing online, itz cheaper ;)

Linda said...

ya dik u own 2 of the books...solly forgot to mention that..

hi fil, Paulo's writing is amazing! which site is cheaper?

Man-D said...

since it is in ur bucke list to read all Paulo's books, then jan baca separuh2... ksh habis tu esp tu By the River Piedra I sat Down and Wept and tu Brida... lol

A true story of courage

There was no expression on Teacher James’ face. He distributed the classroom work for us to do. It was Bahasa Melayu class and we get to...